This is a contest that is being sponsored by Trumpet63 (the “Sponsor”), who is developing a rhythm game called TempoTonic. As part of this development process, the Sponsor is seeking individuals to participate in a skill contest wherein they will be asked to design and submit charts for songs that may be included in the game. By entering this contest, participants agree to abide by the contest rules and terms of participation as detailed below:
- Eligibility: This contest is open to all individuals over the age of 18 where not prohibited by law.
- Contest Period: The contest begins July 22nd, 2023 and ends on September 9th, 2023.
- Judging Period: Judging will take place from September 9th, 2023 to October 8th, 2023.
- Entry: No purchase or other payment is necessary to enter or win. Participants may enter by submitting charts and audio files via the submission form hosted on the tempotonic.rocks website. There will be a list of songs provided to participants. Participants may choose one or more songs from this list as the basis of their one or more entries. An entry shall consist of one (1) chart in sm format and one (1) audio file in either mp3 or ogg format. All entries must be original and not violate any copyright laws. Charts must be 4-key, and have no mines, rolls, or other note types besides holds and normal notes. Participants may not submit more than one entry per song, but they may submit more than one entry over multiple songs. There is no limitation on the number of individuals who may participate in the contest.
- Rights Granted: You acknowledge and agree that any charts you submit or upload to this website as part of this contest are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), allowing others to share, copy, and redistribute the content, including use for commercial purposes, as long as they give appropriate credit.
- Prizes: The winners will share equally a prize pool of $650; each of the five (5) winners will receive $130.00. All taxes and fees associated with the receipt or use of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Winner Selection: The winners will be selected by the judges of the contest. This is a skill contest, and the five (5) individuals that earn the highest scores will receive a prize. Entry scores will be judged by the two individuals of the judgement team. The decision of the judges is final and binding. After the conclusion of the Contest Period and until the end of the Judging Period, the judges will determine the best submissions, using the criteria contained within the rubric below. The score of each entry is the combined sum of the five (5) category scores from the rubric. The score of each individual is the maximum score over all their entries. The five (5) individuals with the highest scores will be the winners. Winners will be announced on or before October 9th. Winners will be notified by email and must comply with all instructions in the notification to claim their prize. In the event that one of the selected winners was ineligible to participate or their entry is otherwise void, the next highest scored entry will receive the prize.
- Legal Compliance: The contest is void where prohibited by law. Participants are responsible for complying with their local laws and regulations, and the contest organizer makes no representation or warranty as to the legality of this contest in any jurisdiction. The charts and audio files submitted must not be subject to any existing copyright or other intellectual property restriction which would restrict the Sponsor’s ability to use and display the music and attendant chart.
- Limitation of Liability: The contest organizer is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the contest. The contest organizer assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries.
- Dispute Resolution: Any dispute arising out of this contest will be resolved in accordance with the laws of South Dakota, United States.
- Acknowledgment: By participating in this contest, entrants acknowledge that they have read, understood, and agree to abide by these rules and terms.
- Privacy: Any personal information provided by entrants will be used solely for the purposes of administering this contest and will not be shared with third parties without consent, except as required by law or as necessary to administer the contest.
Chart Judgement Rubric
Sync – 20pts
Sync refers to how well the chart’s notes align with the music.
Pattern – 20pts
This category is meant to cover accuracy and pattern selection. An accurate chart is one that is not overcharted or undercharted.
Flow – 20pts
Flow is about how good the song feels to play, and how good the transitions between sections are.
Creativity – 20pts
We want to award points for things like interesting usage of note colorings and novel patterns.
Range – 20pts
Range refers to difficulty range, as in how well the stepartist is able to adapt to a wide range of difficulties without compromising quality. This is the category that rewards putting multiple difficulties in your chart.